Osteopathic Heritage Foundations Honored by Association of Fundraising Professionals
The Osteopathic Heritage Foundations were recently recognized with the Outstanding Foundation honor for 2018 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Central Ohio Chapter, during the annual National Philanthropy Day® celebration in Columbus.
Central Ohio’s philanthropic community gathered on November 20, 2018 for the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Central Ohio Chapter, National Philanthropy Day® celebration recognizing generosity, innovation and leadership in charitable giving, volunteering and community engagement.
The annual event, celebrated for the 26th year in Columbus, was attended by nearly 650 people and honored those who have significantly impacted the community through their volunteer and philanthropic efforts.
The Osteopathic Heritage Foundations were honored to receive the Outstanding Foundation award for 2018.
Other 2018 honorees were:
- Big Lots Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy Award: Ian Montgomery
- The Columbus Foundation Outstanding Philanthropist Award: Tom W. Davis
- Leave a Legacy Award (Presented by the Charitable Gift Planners of Central Ohio): R. Kevin Kerns, Trustee of the Karen Kerns Dresser Trust
- Outstanding Large Corporation: PNC
- Outstanding Professional Fundraiser: Erich J. Hunker
- Outstanding Small Corporation: Diamond Hill Capital Management
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Aimee White
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraising Group: Buckeye Cruise for Cancer
“There are no winners or losers in philanthropy, as everyone engaged in charity makes a positive impact in our community,” said event chair, Mary Beth McNamee. “But we feel it is important to recognize acts of kindness, generosity and leadership that go above and beyond, because those extraordinary people can serve as role models for others and inspire us all to become more involved in the communities we love.”